How we do what we do
Keeping a long-term focus, we work toward a shift of paradigms so that, in the future, poverty will be a thing of the past.
Here are some common elements of how we work:
- Self-starting: A community or group approaches us for help with its project. They take initiative.
- Responsibility: While others may provide help, the local people take responsibility for the success of their project.
- Focus on potential: We ask people to focus on their vision for the community and the potential for making that vision a reality.
- Education: How can people be empowered to acquire the resources they need? The key is education.
- Connections: We help people make connections to tap the latent resources in their own community.
- Sharing knowledge: Each person or community agrees to share what they learn with two others. One teaches two.