Moringa Leaves are full of essential disease-preventing nutrients:
- Vitamin A, which acts as a shield against eye disease, skin disease, heart ailments, diarrhea, and many other diseases.
- Vitamin C, fighting a host of illnesses including colds and flu.
- Calcium, which builds strong bones and teeth, and helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Potassium, essential for the functioning of the brain and nerves.
- Proteins, the basic building blocks of all our body cells.
Moringa leaves compared to common foods
Values per 100gm. edible portion
|Vitamin A||6780 mcg||Carrots: 1890 mcg|
|Vitamin C||220 mg||Oranges: 30 mg|
|Calcium||440 mg||Cow's milk: 120 mg|
|Potassium||259 mg||Bananas: 88 mg|
|Protein||6.7 gm||Cow's milk: 3.2 gm|
from Nutritive Value of Indian Foods,
by C. Gopalan, et al.
back to More about Moringa Leaves